Visiting hidden places, Visit local attractions, Historical and cultural activities, Food trip, Sightseeing, Shopping tripMy trip includes
Accomodation, Transport, Meals, TicketsA detail of what I will be offering
We can go around through Manila public transport (especially jeeps; the way we pay, communicate and travel through the jeepneys say a lot about our culture and that is something I would wish for you to see).
There are many places to visit in old Manila and it's impossible to go through all of them in one day! I'm willing to customize the trip based on what you need and what exactly you are looking for. :)
We'll have an adventure and you will know more about the Philippines and its culture through this trip!
There are many different places and many way to go about this. Tell me what kind of experience you want to have and we'll discuss what we can do. Of course, if you're only visiting, there will be time constraints so I will also adjust our activities based on that.
Some of the places we can go:
- Chinatown. The oldest one in the world! Lots of food here. (I'm yet to master the places here but I know enough to go around. Or I can call on my Chinese friends as well.)
- Intramuros (walled city): the old social, political, economic, religious, and educational capital of the Philippines. In Intramuros alone, there many museums and it's difficult to go to all of them in just a day if I were to explain everything (possible though if we just breeze through them and I won't explain much)
- Luneta/Rizal Park: what used to be ground zero of PH and where our national hero is buried. I can talk to you about our national hero and his significance to the birth of the Philippine nation here.
- National Art Gallery
- National Museum
- Books from the underground: one of the most interesting places in Manila, arguably. I've been buying my books from its owner for 9 years now and until about 5 years ago, he didn't have a permanent place to sell and would spread his books on top of a plastic sheet on the sidewalk. This place is not just for cheap books but also for great conversations.
Not in old Manila but is in (Metro) Manila:
- Ayala Museum (Makati): one of the best-curated Museums in the country. Good guide for me if you want a detailed history of PH.
- Ateneo Art Gallery (Quezon City)
- Vargas Museum
- Pinto Art Museum (Rizal): this is one of the largest art spaces close to Metro Manila
I think there should be more, like old Churches (if that's your thing). If you want, I can also bring you to my university and the gallery there. I'm flexible!
Over 18, Letter of indemnityMinimum group size
1Advance notice (in days)
Moderate ( < 1 week, refund 50%)